Friday, June 9, 2017

RISE, MY COUNTRY, RISE

RISE, MY COUNTRY, RISE

Tears rolled down my cheeks,
as I saw the grimace,
in the tired and wearied faces
of Yolanda's wrath victims
from the ravaged Tacloban.
While the Visayans wept,
different nations flung to help
the shuttered Philippines.

Filipinos were left homeless,
desperate, hungry, frightened,
traumatized and disillusioned,
as big trees and houses,
huge buildings and churches
were flattened by the angry winds.
Lifeless bodies scattered
in the long roads and highways.

Rise, my country, rise!
Standstill in the hours
of chaos and disenchantment.
Smashed by the strongest storm
calmness will come again.
For "blessed is the man
who remains steadfast under trial,
he will receive the crown of life"

And His hands will surely touch
the graveyard of thousand souls.







No comments:

Post a Comment

a morsel of my youth

A morsel of my Youth (Malayan Wave -- aaba bbcb ccdc dd of Jose Rizal M. Reyes) In a small town where I was born and grew had happy...