Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A MORSEL OF MY YOUTH 2


A MORSEL OF MY YOUTH 2

Our late grandmother, small but terrible,
My sibling and I were down on the floor.
When we were just kids we were told to kneel
And in bended knees penalty was clear.

Arms stretched on the side, so we nearly cried.
‘T was almost one hour, oh, we were dead tired!
I was running eight, my sister was ten.
Our eldest sibling invited us then.

Together with friends we sailed in the sea.
Like birds we were free, so all were happy.
In the small banca we were all aboard,
But Grandma's abhorred sailing by small boat.

She never did learn the small boat capsized
We almost have drowned but faith had been kind.

Weeween Reyes
6-21-17
Photo credits to the owner


No comments:

Post a Comment

a morsel of my youth

A morsel of my Youth (Malayan Wave -- aaba bbcb ccdc dd of Jose Rizal M. Reyes) In a small town where I was born and grew had happy...