Saturday, July 15, 2017

“A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE”

“A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE”
www.weenweenreyes.blogspot.com.
I’m one person who is so particular when it comes to the arrangement of anything inside our home. I don’t like excessive decorations. I just want simple ones to suit my needs and taste, and things should coordinate with each other from color, to shape, to size and lines. In short, I’m a very meticulous person and a minimalist. I want a very light paint around our place so that it will look neat, cozy and peaceful. I always wanted an organized surrounding. Be it a big place or small place. I want things in its proper place.
Underneath the landing of our stairs, is a space for keeping things that are less important. But the space under the stairs connecting to the second floor remained unused, so we converted it into a mini bar wherein I could have a better place for my few wine collections and my wine glasses. And decided to make a ninety degree tiled bar counter to complement the mini bar display. It made a cozy nook for a little drink. And with the counter is a shoe cabinet of which we used four and six inches PVC, cut into seven inches long to put each pair of shoes and slippers independently. And that made a very good shoe holder.
At the left edge of the counter is a chess board so that a little drink could be more fun while playing chess. This small space makes a fine hang out for a few visitors. This is my favorite place in our home since it gave me a feeling of satisfaction after it was converted into a mini bar with shoe cabinet in it and a chess board to kill the boredom that haunts us sometimes, at times, just sitting there when I’m using my cell phone face booking. I relate playing chess to brainstorming but that’s another long story to tell.
Home is where our heart is. It’s always our comfort zone. It’s our choice to clean, to arrange and decorate the way we wanted, and going home is always a relief to us and our family especially when we’re tired and exhausted from the chaos of the outside world. Loving our family means giving them a healthy environment, a place where they could feel the warmth, the hugs of its atmosphere. Home is home.



 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

a morsel of my youth

A morsel of my Youth (Malayan Wave -- aaba bbcb ccdc dd of Jose Rizal M. Reyes) In a small town where I was born and grew had happy...